Being a parent is tough. It requires on-the-job training. Being a parent of a type 1 diabetic is even more challenging. It’s requires on-the-job training but with a child’s life at stake.
Jennifer Risher understands this all too well. In this episode, she joins Female IQ to share her story about parenting a child with type 1 diabetes. During the podcast, she discusses:
- Signs and symptoms of type 1 diabetes.
- Helping a child understand his/her disease.
- Helping siblings understand the disease.
- Helping friends and classmates understand the disease.
- New technology.
- Tips to networking and better educating yourself about the disease.
“We believe every woman has something intelligent to say. Let’s listen.”